« Back to Job Listings
Commercial Roofing & Waterproofing Co. is seeking a Full time Waterproofing Estimator for the Northern California region with possible, occasional travel to Northern Nevada. The Waterproofing Estimator is responsible for meeting annual sales goals by: 1) finding new bid opportunities, 2) bidding and securing profitable work through both competitive and negotiated markets, 3) contract negotiation and review, and 4) new job hand-off to Project Manager including completion of Critical Job Plan, “hand-off” meetings and all pertinent bid documents and pricing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate leads through relationship with GC’s, owners, agencies, consultants, etc.
• Follow-up on all leads provided by bid coordinator
• Provide thorough, quality bids for all projects assigned
• Provide Bid Coordinator with hard copy of all bid documents used to work up price
• Follow up as needed in conjunction with Bid Coordinator to get bid results
• Negotiate contract terms and make sure contract is consistent with our bid scope
• Provide budget sheet required by accounting
• Complete Critical Job Plan
• Provide PM with a complete package of all bid documents including:
o Bid Proposal, Work-up sheets, Price Quotes, and other notes and documentation related to scope or pricing
• Must be able to travel.
• Regular, predictable attendance is required.
• Ability to get along and work effectively with others.
• Minimum 5 years recent experience bidding Commercial and Multi-Family Residential waterproofing including hot rubberized asphalt, air barriers, all types of below grade systems, podiums and plaza decks, coatings. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Large project experience including public works and private commercial
• Previous experience working with large general contractors throughout Northern California including the bay area.
• Must have very good computer skills including on-screen take-off experience, spreadsheets, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
• Excellent communication, mathematical, analytical, and organizational skills. Must be goal driven and have the ability to follow through with thoroughness and attention to detail.
• A valid driver’s license, clean DMV record and proof of current insurance and ability to travel to job sites, potential client meetings, etc. as is required by the position.
• Must pass a drug screening test.