« Back to Job Listings
Salt Lake City, UT
O.C. Tanner develops employee recognition and rewards programs that help companies appreciate people who do great work. That’s right, we are in the business of appreciating great work. We are appreciateologists! Seriously, it’s on our name badges.
As part of that effort, we build large-scale, international, multi-million user web and mobile applications used by many large Fortune 500 companies. We have EDW and reporting technologies that help companies understand the impact of our services better.
Senior EDW/ETL is responsible for supporting and enhancing the enterprise data warehouse and the reporting front-end for the high quality decision support and executive information solutions. Responsibilities include active involvement in the Design as well as leading and mentoring teams as needed.
• Design of the data and technical architecture for the data warehouse
• Ability to take on Technical Lead role as needed
• Needs to have understanding of Cloud Data solutions
• Mentors junior members of the team
• Code reviews
• Oversees the development of logical and physical data models, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, schedules, work processes, and maintenance procedures
• Work with business requirements analyst to identify and understand source data systems
• Map source system data to data warehouse models
• EDW design as needed
• Adapt ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
• Communicates progress
• Designs conceptual and logical models for the data warehouse or data mart
• Communicates physical database designs to database administrator
• Evolves EDW models to meet new and changing business requirements
• Develops process for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components
• Design solutions with a focus on component reuse, quality, testability, supportability and scalability
Applying candidates must have each of the following:
• Excellent designing skill required for easy to operate and intuitive dashboard scorecard applications
• Excellent knowledge of Data Warehousing architectures.
• Ability to evaluate business requirements; select solutions that best meet OCT business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
• More than 5 years of experience as EDW Developer
• More than 5 years of Oracle Experience
• ETL knowledge and experience
• Some Hadoop knowledge
• Metadata management
• Conceptual and analytic skills
• Ability to balance theory and practical reality
• Ability to plan and move in a strategic direction even though working projects are tactical in nature
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to be innovative and seek new approaches to old problems
• Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork abilities, combined with very good communication skills
• Cloud Data Solutions experience is a plus
• DBA Experience is a plus
• Diverse DB experience with variety of different Databases is a plus
• SAP BO Universes knowledge is a plus